Re: curl-7.18.2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 23:29:13 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, Giovanni Funchal wrote:

> I'm experiencing some trouble with curl-7.18.2 compiled with gcc 4.3.1 on
> linux 2.4.21-47.ELsmp x86_64. I keep getting the message below:

> ~/curl-7.18.2/src $ ./curl -U user:pass -x http://proxy.com:8080
> http://www.google.com --verbose
> * About to connect() to proxy proxy.com port 8080 (#0)
> * Connection time-out
> * Closing connection #0
> curl: (28) Connection time-out

This is a Fedora/Redhat box, isn't it? We've seen other reports on such
systems with similar sympthoms, and although we suspect it being SeLinux or
similar that is playing tricks on you it hasn't yet been verified.

I'd suggest using strace and/or gdb to figure out exactly what fails, as then
we can start tracking down the why part.