Re: Help with Error 60 from Yahoo Store Hosting

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 12:41:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, darwinl_at_aol.com wrote:

> I want to make sure I understand the whole process correctly. I use Yahoo
> Store for my online store and it has an option to allow Real Time Order
> posting via XML. The only thing I can set is the URL itself, e.g. http or
> https.
>
> I have used this with https for the last 3 years with a certificate from
> Comodo. That expired August 3, 2008 so I renewed.
>
> The new CA Root is different than the previous and I am now seeing the Error
> 60 when trying to post an order to my server. Since the connection fails
> with error 60 I can't get my orders sent.

Sorry but I don't understand the description.

curl is a command line tool, it is a client and thus it verfies the server's
cert against a CA cert bundle. If it fails to verify the cert (error 60) it
basically means that the CA of the server's cert did not have a cert in the
bundle. You can fix this as documented on the curl site, by updating the ca
cert bundle or by appending the cacert of your particular target site to the
existing bundle.