RE: Unable to verify server certificate

From: Salgar, Gowtam <Gowtam_Salgar_at_adp.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 19:58:11 -0400

Is there a way to validate the actual server certificate.?

Lets say if I get the server certificate in advance can I use it to
cross check while connecting every time, so that I make sure I am
connecting to the right web site.?

Bcoz just validating the CA againt the ca-bundle.crt in real scenario is
not completely validating the actual certificate issued.?

In reality we do know that if a CA is valid then the certificate issued
by the CA is also going to be valid. But we want to go one steop ahead
and validate the actual server certificate issued by the CA.?