Re: curl hangs after redirected HTTP PUT

From: Ben S <lists.ben_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:46:07 -0400

Okay, it looks like this was a false alarm on my part.

I came across an Apache httpd bug report for Apache 2.2.8 (the version
of Apache that I was using). Here's one of the comments for bug
43711:
---------
I've the same issue but with a 307 (Redirect).

Apache 2.2.6 sends a 100-continue before the redirect.

This makes the client send the HTTP PUT stream on the wrong place (where none
is listening). Afterwards the client is redirected ... but does not sends the
put stream because was alreay sent ...

With Apache 1.3 worked correctly (no 100 was echoed)

My question is: Does the patch also solves this issue?
---------

So, it looks like the problem is that my version of Apache was
incorrectly responding with a 100-continue, despite the fact that my
script sent back a 307 redirect.

I installed Apache 2.2.9, which fixes the above bug, and curl works as expected!
1. curl sends HTTP PUT to www1
2. www1 sends back HTTP 307 (no 100-continue is sent)
3. curl sends HTTP PUT to www2
4. www2 writes HTTP PUT payload to the specified location

I don't know how this affects the supposed (lib)curl problems that you
mentioned, but my problem is solved.

Thanks for looking into this,
Ben