Re: DNS-over-Socks

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 21:59:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008, What you get is Not what you see wrote:

> Ok I understood the difference.My case was the latter and I understood that
> my curl version is older than the current one and 7.18.0 so i didnt notice
> the sock5-hostname option. Now how about the former?

And this is why top-posting is bad. What's "latter" and "former" in this
context?

Besides, the mail you responded to accurately said that tunneling DNS queries
isn't supported (I think that's the "former" you refer to) but sending the
host name to the proxy to let it do the resolve is (the "latter").

So, what's the question again?