Re: Install problems with curl 7.18.2

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 21:00:29 -0700

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 06:27:58PM -0700, Denise Mauldin wrote:

> I did successfully install 7.18.0 and get it to work (thanks Scott!), but here is the information you requested (I included a strace of 7.18.0 as well as 7.18.2 and 7.10.6).

Did you install 7.18.0 in exactly the same way as 7.18.2 and it worked? One
salient difference is that the name of the library was bumped in the latter
version, so perhaps that got around SELinux's security context mapping,
although I'm not quite sure how that all works.

> http://www.guildsites.org/strace7106.txt
> http://www.guildsites.org/strace7180.txt
> http://www.guildsites.org/strace7182.txt

This is getting curiouser and curiouser. The 7.18.x strace logs don't even
show libcurl's calls to connect(), or socket() even for that matter. Unless
that's an artifact of SELinux. Otherwise, I'm stumped.

>>> Dan