Re: ftp issue with curl 7.18.1

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:13:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008, Andrew & Kaylene wrote:

> The differences here that I can see is that the port number is different as
> well as the '/' on the front of the file name in the successful transaction.
> I am not sure how to rectify these differences.

Well, in what directory are you intending the upload to be placed? The login
dir?

>> STOR andrew.xml
> < 426 Connection closed; transfer aborted.

This shows you the server refuses this and thus it isn't really curl's fault.
While it is a very non-descriptive error message, it probably happens because
you don't have the rights to store a file there, like this, or similar.

Actually, since the server doesn't login any CWD, the login dir seems to be
'/' and the only difference between the working and the non-working case is
the preceding slash in the file name given in the STOR command, I would say
that the server is broken.

Possibly you can work around that fact by using "--ftp-method nocwd".