Curl options Ordering Issue?

From: John Ouellette <john_ouellette_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:41:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I have been testing curl and its interactions with web pages.

I have created a small shell script that interacts with a banking website that uses cookies and (302) redirects.

In my testing I found some odd behavior.

If I use the following options in the command line, curl could log in to the website just fine.
curl -d "POSTDATA"  "URL" -L -b -i -o output --trace-ascii trace-ascii.txt -D dump-header.txt

If I use the following command line options in this order it fails to login to the website.
curl -d "POSTDATA"  "URL" -b -L -i -o output --trace-ascii trace-ascii.txt -D dump-header.txt

Notice only -b -L are switched. The behavior is repeatable.

The curl man page doesn't mention anything regarding the order of options.

Has anyone else seen this type of behavior or am I missing something?

My curl:
curl 7.15.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.15.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8a zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.5.18

My Linux:
Ubuntu

Thanks!
-John