Re: libcurl.NET

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 20:33:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Tony G wrote:

> The libcurl.NET project at http://sourceforge.net/projects/libcurl-net looks
> like it was a one-shot back in 2005 and hasn't been updated since. It was
> built as a bundle with other libraries commonly used with cURL, like
> OpenSSH.

I think you mean OpenSSL...

> I've had it on my system for a long time, never used, and lack the skill and
> time to rebuild it with current libs. It looks heavily customized and might
> be scrap at this point. I can't find a recipe for building a new the
> release. If there was, I'd update and publish a new libcurl.NET with each
> new minor release.
>
> I don't think I've seen any inquiries about cURL and .NET for a very long
> time here. So is this notion of a .NET binding dead? TIA

If people want things they make things. If nobody wants it, nobody makes it.

If you just want it, but aren't prepared to make it (or work with others to
make it together). Then you don't want it badly enough.

So, apparently not many people want a .NET binding to libcurl since nobody is
working on it... Based on the past, the "notion of a .NET binding" is dead,
yes. Possibly you (and others) can change this for the future!