Re: curl hangs after EPSV

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 10:20:30 -0700

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 07:20:19AM -0500, Terra Frost wrote:
> That didn't seem to help, although you're comment that it uses two ports got me
> to looking around.
>
> There's a "Passive mode settings" tab which has a "Use custom port range"
> field. I just set that to 1500, min, and 1500, max, added 1500 to the Firewall
> exception list, and... that seems to have gotten it working. Thanks!

That could still cause you problems in the long run. Forcing the
server to use a single port means that trying to do two transfers in
rapid succession or simultanously is going to fail, as will any transfer when
that port is in use by another process. You'd be better off opening up
a range of ports; even a small range could keep you from tearing your
hair out again in the future!

>>> Dan