Re: CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:11:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Deepesh Damodaran wrote:

Please don't top-post and full-quote.

> However manual FTP works on this system. How is ftp through CURL different
> from manual FTP?

With "manual FTP" I figure you mean the regular ftp client? You could enable
debug mode with that to figure out what it does, but those tools tend to
default to active connections (PORT instead of PASV) while libcurl defaults to
passive. That would explain why one works when the other doesn't. You could of
course just try enabling PORT with (lib)curl to see if that works.

> Right FTP through CURL is implemented through one of our application.

And by that I assume you mean that you use libcurl, and then I suggest you use
the curl-library mailing list for your further questions.

But what I said is still true for the library as well.

> Is there a way to test CURL FTP from our system to understand why FTP fails.

As I explained before, enabling verbose is a good first step.