Re: curl scp upload failing

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:46:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Hans-Jürgen May wrote:

> curl scp upload failing (curl 7.18.2)
>
> When uploading a file via scp:// to an SSH server , the file is created with
> size 0, then curl fails.

Ouch.

> I tried two different SSH servers and curl client both on Solaris and Linux.

Curious, as we're constantly building and running curl SCP tests in the curl
autobuilds. And they tend to work...

> And even curl with socks4 and scp.

But that requires your patch doesn't it? And I don't think SOCKS4 will change
a lot in the SSH-stuff...

> curl -vvv

Just a note: -vvv is the same as just -v!

> libssh2 (0.18) doesn't seem to be the problem since example/simple/scp_write
> is uploading the same file without problems.

So any chance you can track the failure back into the libcurl sources to get a
clue on what exactly that fails?

I'll try to get some time to do some experiments in my end soon to see if I
can repeat this.