Re: Curl Timeout Issue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 23:07:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 May 2008, Rick Cone,Secure Payment Systems wrote:

> I'm having an issue with using curl making an HTTPS connection to an IIS
> server that uploads a file.

Using what curl version on what operating system?

> After the file is transmitted, there is fairly long wait for a process on
> the server to process the file just uploaded before sending an XML response
> and being done.
>
> There seems to be some kind of 5 minute timeout somewhere, perhaps with
> openSSL.

5 minutes is more than just a "fairly long" wait in my book. It's more like an
eternity! ;-)

I find two timeouts in libcurl that is exactly 5 minutes by default:

DEFAULT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT and CURL_TIMEOUT_RESOLVE, but both should change if
you have given a different time. I don't know what causes your particular
timeout.

Using strace or a debugger while doing this should be a fairly quick way to
see where the time-out happens.