Re: Welcome to the "curl-users" mailing list (Digest mode)

From: Aleksandar Lazic <al-curlusers_at_none.at>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 22:21:20 +0200

Hi,

On Mon 05.05.2008 20:38, Isaac_Edla wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This is Paul. I have a small query. I actually need to connect to a
>https site and download a file. I am getting an error while I am trying
>to do this. I need to provide the username and password from the
>command prompt in UNIX. Could you please help?

1.) Please provide the version of curl

2.) Have you seen in http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html

---
-u/--user <user:password>
   Specify user and password to use for server authentication. Overrides
   -n/--netrc and --netrc-optional.
   If you just give the user name (without entering a colon) curl will
   prompt for a password.
   If you use an SSPI-enabled curl binary and do NTLM authentication, you
   can force curl to pick up the user name and password from your
   environment by simply specifying a single colon with this option: "-u
   :".
   If this option is used several times, the last one will be used.
---
You can also add it to the url https://username@password:$HOST/$PATH
Homework, finde options to save the file ;-)
Cheers
Aleks