Re: FTP proxy options

From: <gunno.ivansson_at_srv.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:13:37 +0200

Den 08-04-25 23.11, skrev "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se>:

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, gunno.ivansson_at_srv.se wrote:

Please don't top-post.

> I have never got comfortable with the command line, where exactly should I
> put "-proxy myProxy:8080" in my line, befort the "-T"?

Do note that it is two dashes before proxy, not just one: --proxy. And yes,
you can put it before the -T or last in the line or just about wherever you
want.

Sorry about the top-posting i have now read the Curl Mailing Etiquette, and I hope I do it the right way this time.
As I understand it, having a .curlrc file is like moving the comand line switches to a file. It works fine for me with "--proxy = myProxy:8080" but when I also tried putting "proxy-user = myUser:myPassWord" on the first line my script fails.
Should switches be on different lines and which line endings should be used?
.curlrc is written by a JavaScript from InDesign and i used \n as linefeed which shows up as ^M in the Terminal. I have tried using -U ... and -x ... On one line and two lines to no avail
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Gunno I