Re: FTP proxy options

From: <gunno.ivansson_at_srv.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:09:51 +0200

I have never got comfortable with the command line, where exactly should I put "-proxy myProxy:8080" in my line, befort the "-T"?

Den 08-04-25 11.40, skrev "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se>:

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008, gunno.ivansson_at_srv.se wrote:

> I am a Mac user using curl to upload files. Our IT-people recently installed
> a proxy server, which caused me some problems. I read the man pages and came
> up with a solution that involved the creation of a .curlrc configuration
> file where I specified the proxy (proxy = myProxy:8080). The command looks
> like this:
>
> curl --proxy-user myUsername:myPassWord -T "{/path/to/myFile}" -u
> ftpUser:ftpPassWord ftp://ftp.ourPrintshop.se/
>
> I would prefer to include the proxy specification in the command. I tried
> several ways but none succeeded. How can I include the proxy specification
> in the command?

Just use "--proxy myProxy:8080" (or even "-x myProxy:8080").

The config file's "key words" are simply the command line switches but without
the double dashes and no equals sign. So "proxy = mooo" equals "--proxy
mooo"...