Re: List command hangs in passive mode

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:32:57 -0700

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 10:04:18AM -0700, Edward Lau wrote:
> Alright, maybe this is just my poor understanding of how curl works.
> Then how would I fetch a file? Because I am getting the same behaviour
> when I replace
>
> -Q LIST
>
> with
>
> -Q "RETR file.txt"
>
> Sorry for my lack of understanding. I am just trying to download a
> file from a remote server to my local server. I didn't think I had
> such a poor understanding of FTP. =/

Quote commands are needed very infrequently and only for exceptional
conditions. What's the URL of the file you want to retrieve? Just pass
that to curl. The suggestion I gave:

> > curl --user XXX:XXX --cacert cacert.pem --tlsv1 --disable-epsv \
> > --ftp-ssl-reqd --show-error --verbose \
> > 'ftp://ftpssl.rbc.com/outbound/BTBT/'

will do a directory listing. To retrieve a file called file.txt, just
pass in the URL to that file, i.e.

  curl --user XXX:XXX --cacert cacert.pem --tlsv1 --disable-epsv \
    --ftp-ssl-reqd --show-error --verbose \
    ftp://ftpssl.rbc.com/outbound/BTBT/file.txt

>>> dan