RE: Curl and ssl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:42:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Skipp Mayhem wrote:

Please don't reply to unrelated mails and just change when you should rather
start a new thread. You break the threading in mail clients and web archives.

> I have now installed on a customers PC and when i try to make an ssl request
> i get
>
> curl: (35) error:140773F2:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert
> unexpected message

It means that OpenSSL has troubles talking to the server. Trying enforcing the
use of SSLv2 or SSLv3 to see if that helps (some very old servers don't do
right and then the auto-detection fails).

If that fails, resort to try the openssl tool against the server and if that
fails too, the problem is strictly SSL-related and not in curl at all...