Re: Curl with --capath on Mac OS X

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 13:04:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Sven Schwyn wrote:

> I'm trying to teach curl on my Mac (10.5) to verify certificates from
> CAcert.org. This is how I do it:

[...]

> Here's the funky thing: If I do this on my Gentoo box, it works just fine.

> But with both curl bundled with Leopard and curl from MacPorts (using +ssl
> variant) the validation does not work. In fact, it's not even possible to
> connect to https://www.paypal.com which should be covered by the ca-bundle.

I guess you're using OpenSSL-powered curls on both platforms? If so, I would
recommend that you try the same operations with the openssl tool and if that
also shows these problems, you contact the OpenSSL team instead. Of course
that also assumes that you use rather recent versions too.

If the openssl tools work fine in both cases we know the bug is within libcurl
and then we can proceed with trying to track that down.