curl 56 ftp response reading failed

From: xiaofan yang <jasony001_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:54:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi

I can connect to our ftp server using an ftp client
software CuteFtp, using
"FTP with TLS/SSL (port 990 implicit)"
"Use PORT" or "user PASV"
"Clear command channel"

But when I use curl
curl ftps://url --user user:pass -cacert mycert
--quote "CCC" --trace-ascii trace.txt

I cannot connect to it, I got curl 56 ftp response
reading failed.

In the trace file, I can see certificate ok, login
ok,... But got "FTP response reading failed" after
sending PASV command. Here is the trace.

0000: 230 Login OK. Proceed.
=> Send header, 8 bytes (0x8)
0000: PBSZ 0
<= Recv header, 55 bytes (0x37)
0000: 200 PBSZ Command OK. Protection buffer size set
to 0.
=> Send header, 5 bytes (0x5)
0000: PWD
<= Recv header, 28 bytes (0x1c)
0000: 257 "/" is current folder.
== Info: Entry path is '/'
=> Send header, 5 bytes (0x5)
0000: CCC
<= Recv header, 39 bytes (0x27)
0000: 200 Clear Command Channel Successful.
=> Send header, 6 bytes (0x6)
0000: PASV
== Info: Connect data stream passively
== Info: FTP response reading failed
== Info: Closing connection #0
== Info: SSLv3, TLS alert, Client hello (1):
=> Send SSL data, 2 bytes (0x2)
0000: ..

I ran curl on Windows XP. I am able to connect through
standard ftp on windows.

In Unix it's even worse. Most of the time I got "curl:
(35) error:140943FC:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3
alert bad record mac". Sometimes I got "curl: (56) SSL
read: error:1408F455:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad
record mac, errno 0" and the trace file is similar to
the one I got in Windows. But fails at earlier stages.

What could be wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Jason

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs