Re: <wsse:Password> Base64 with cURL

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:06:54 -0800

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 01:01:58PM +0100, thomas Armstrong wrote:
> I'm been investigating, and perhaps I'm required to Base64 this
> password, as mentioned in:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/wss/documents/WSS-Username-02-0223-merged.pdf
>
> Password_Digest = Base64 ( SHA-1 ( nonce + created + password ) )
>
> But I don't know how to convert Password into this Base64. I work with
> Linux from the shell, but I can also do it with PHP.
>
> Thank you very much.

Since this is done in the body of the message, it's not something that curl
is going to do for you. It's purely a SOAP (or an application) level
transformation, and you'll have better luck asking in a SOAP forum.
Evidently, you'll have to extrace the nonce and created fields from somewhere
and do the SHA-1 and base64 calculation at run time, and it's highly likely
that you'll find pointers to such code in your chosen language in such a
forum.

>>> Dan