Re: it is possible to capture lightstreamer data using curl

From: sam tube <samutube_at_yahoo.com.sg>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 15:25:20 +0800 (CST)

hi Dan:
thanks for sharing the info with us.we did check out the httpheaders, from what we know the web page will get auto updated after the page loaded even there is no request (get or post ) send to the server,

that's why we are unable to script the process as there is no post/get request bet. them !!

btw, would you be able to share with us how to tell it get the data from server push.lightstreamer.com as i was unable to see it from httpheaders

thanks !!
regards sam

Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com> wrote: On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 09:41:36AM +0800, sam tube wrote:
> i was trying to write a script & schedule a cron job to capture the
> lightstreamer data @ http://app.lightstreamer.com/StockListDemo/
> & save it to my redhat standard text file to do some data collection
> continuously, but i was stuck as there is not much info on the archive mailing
> list,
>
> any help is appriciated ,
> thank you !!

That page is full of Javascript. It seems to retrieve streaming data from
the server push.lightstreamer.com somehow. If you can figure out how
(try using LiveHTTPHeaders), then curl can download it.

>>> Dan