Problem with GoDaddy CA Certificate

From: John Smith <snafu_101_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:36:40 -0500

All:

I have to communicate with a test server using https that has a certificate issued by GoDaddy. This was not in the bundle of certificates so I followed the instructions to get the certificate and create a PEM format file.

curl -G http://certificates.godaddy.com/repository/gd_intermediate.crt> godaddy.cert
openssl x509 -inform PEM -n godaddy.cert -out godaddy.pem -text

If I test this on a system where curl is version 7.16.2 compiled with GnuTLS 1.6.2 using:
    curl --cacert godaddy.pem -G https://my.test.server/ -v
It works like a charm.

However if I run the same test on a different machine with curl version 5.15.5 compiled with OpenSSL version 0.9.8c it fails 'certificate verify failed'.

It also fails on another box with curl 7.16.2 compiled with OpenSSL version 0.9.8e.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance.
http://biggestloser.msn.com/