CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS does not seem to work

From: zaheer ahmad <zaheer.mot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 20:46:16 +0530

hi,
iam using curl as backend on embedded system. we have an application which
creates multiple handles for each request and adds it to a global curl
multihandle.

we observe that this cause many tcp connections to be created (one for each
curl_multi_add_handle). we are trying to restrict it through
CURLMOPT_MAXCONNECTS however it does not seem to have an effect.

Also, is restricting the number of handles the right approach to improve
system response for other events.

thanks in advance for any inputs.

thanks,
Zaheer