Re: can i use Lib curl for DaVinci processors of TI?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 00:38:19 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, zuber saiyed_at_einfochips.com wrote:

Please don't top-post and full-quote!

> Yes I have tried with configure --host=arm_v5t_le-linux --without-random
> --disable-shared.
> Here is the log which I have got while running this command

That's not the log, that's the output on the terminal...

> checking host system type... Invalid configuration `arm_v5t_le-linux':
> machine `arm_v5t_le' not recognized
> configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub arm_v5t_le-linux failed

If you read the config.log after this failure you'd get some further clues.
The --host option requires a known host combo and the one you provided is not
a legal such.

If you instead make your toolset available as for example with an 'arm-linux-'
prefix it would work exactly like that. Since you have opted to go with a non-
standard naming of the build tools, you need to go non-standard with how to
build as well.

> But when I use curl -T command to upload a file on FTP server I can't. The
> same command was working when I tried with the curl configured for Linux and
> gcc compiler.
> It gives me this error: "curl: (55) select/poll returned error"
>
> Do you have any idea where I am making a mistake or missing something?

That's very strange and I've not seen that before. What libc are you using?
You should consider using gdb or at least strace to figure out some further
details around the failure.