RE: makefile error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 23:22:42 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Ashish.Gohil_at_iflexsolutions.com wrote:

> Sorry to bother you again, I am still unable to crack the installation. I am
> trying to install cURL on my desktop (Windows XP Proffesional workstation).

That's not 'cURL' you're trying to install. cURL is the name of a project.
This project makes two things: 1) the curl command line tool and 2) the
libcurl library. This particular list, curl-users, is targeted at the curl
command line tool.

You seem to be trying to install the perl binding for libcurl, which is a
related project but it is written, maintained and hosted outside of the main
cURL project.

AFAIK, the installation of the perl binding isn't really crystal clear. I
believe the existing packages/Makefiles being more or less assuming a *nix
environment.