Re: Bug report: curl win32 ftruncate64 not working correctly.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:00:36 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007, gdb007 wrote:

> btw: if you look
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1yee101t(VS.80).aspx for
> _lseeki64() document you will see it have exactly same requirements as
> _chsize_s()...

Hm, so then basically we can assume that _chsize_s() will work just as good as
the _lseeki64() does? And since we use that unconditionally for all
non-borland win32 builds, we could probably use _chsize_s() instead on those
builds. Sounds like src/main.c:ftruncate64() can be made simpler then!

Anyone with some insights? Or can someone possibly try it out and see?