Re: Informations command curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 22:13:01 +0100 (CET)

(I cut off all the cross-posting, this is to the users list only)

http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#Does_curl_support_ASP_XML_XHTM

> 2 - Some applications depend on the user be logged in AD (Active Directory)
> to provide the application, it is possible

curl works with internet protocols like HTTP(S), FTP(S) etc, there's no
particualr "AD" functionality in those protocols to my knowledge. I don't
understand the question.

> What is the reason for the error below

> curl --url http://inex.nextel.com.br --user user:passord ˙˙verbose

> > GET / HTTP/1.1
> > Authorization: Basic bXNhbmNoZXM6S2lrYW1vcjU0Kg==

[...]

> < HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
> < Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
> < WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate
> < WWW-Authenticate: NTLM

You use Basic authentication to a host that only accepts Negotiate and NTLM.