Re: This link is good for FireFox, bad for Curl

From: Jean Marie COUPRIE <abies20_at_neuf.fr>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:50:27 +0100

Sorry for the format but ThunderBird truncate long messages when it
answers ! (here after message 2 !!!)

At 18:59 +0100 11/22/07, Jean Marie COUPRIE wrote:
> >In the acknowledgment of my registration to a particular site, I
have received a link with the following format :
> >http://www.domain/home.asp?x=1&y=123456&z=my-id
y includes only figures, my-id includes figures and letters.
I use the link as an URL for Curl.

> Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:02:04 -0700
> From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
> You probably need to quote the entire URL when you pass it as an
> argument to curl. Those & and ? characters likely have a special
> meaning to your shell or whatever RexxCurl is connected to. Is that a
> peecee thing? There are some funny quoting problems in Bill's world.

I work with Rexx (Regina) under Windows XP SP2 with the port of Curl
under Rexx. I have used the Say (Rexx) function that type a variable on
the screen to show what is passed to the Rexx Curl function : it is
correct with the & = ? as they should be. And similar characters are
included in the URL that the application send back.
I have tried an other version of the program with the URL between quote
but this change nothing...
Do I have a way to check what Curl and FireFox exactly send on the line ?