Re: Problem in opening mail.google.com

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 16:19:56 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Naiem Shaik wrote:

PLEASE trim your quotes and use a sensible subject! If you intend to reply to
mails, consider not using the digest mailing list mode!

Also, since you're talking about libcurl usage you would be better off in the
curl-library mailing list where the other libcurl hackers hang around!

> I have used -L option and was able to open mail.google.com from command
> prompt. But in code there is still no progress, Can you please help me.

> I have set the following options as well
>
> char path[]="/etc/nss_db";
> curl_easy_setopt(d->m_handle, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER,2);
> curl_easy_setopt(d->m_handle, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST,2);
> curl_easy_setopt(d->m_handle, CURLOPT_CAINFO,path);

-L is CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION

But what's perhaps more interesting in this above blurb is the CAINFO path.
Exactly what libcurl version are you using? Is this on a recent fedora?

> I have set the Curl in verbose mode and got the following output.

[...]

> * Issue another request to this URL:
> 'https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fui%3Dhtml%26zy%3Dl&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache=2'
> * About to connect() to www.google.com port 443 (#4)
> * Trying 64.233.189.104... * Connection refused

This looks like either you can't connect to the host *or* you suffer from a
bug in your (fedora-provided) libcurl...

You are using the multi interface, aren't you? (My guess is based on the log
output)

Fedora has started to ship curl and libcurl built to use NSS for SSL and they
very recently first didn't work very good at all and then had problems with
the multi interface. AFAIK, there most recent libcurl package should work
fine.

Disclaimer: I don't use Fedora myself and I don't use NSS-built (lib)curl much
either.