Re: CURL and advertising

From: Alessandro Vesely <vesely_at_tana.it>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:13:55 +0100

Jean Marie COUPRIE wrote:
> From: Doug McNutt
>>>
>>> Nope. As the name suggests, liveHTTPHeaders shows headers _live_,
>>> therefore you didn't get the scripts when you were browsing. Those
>>> script didn't run on your client.
>>
>> LiveHTTP headers has an option to suppress headers that refer to
>> selected file types using regular expressions. It's possible that
>> requests for *.js are being suppressed along with *.gif and *,png which
>> I think are suppressed by default.
>>
> What I have done is :
> -record with liveHTTPHeaders during the Firefox session and save the log
> and close it. I have some "GET" headers.
> -open the log with an editor and a session of firefox on an other screen
> and for each "GET" transfer the URL in the address bar of firefox to
> load the file and save it for further examination. I have done this for
> all the "GET" pointing to .js and some .jpg or .tiff (but they showed as
> images.

Most probably they are images. This confirms that those GETs are not
suppressed by some liveHTTPHeaders settings. You should have obtained
the same results.

> -loaded with FF the source of the page for logon.

You mean from your disk? That may make it look/behave differently
unless you adjust it by fixing references from site to files.

> -in the POST part of liveHTTPHeaders I have my userid and password as
> usual + 2 fields "text.1=nm" and "text.2=pq", I assume that they are
> generated by the OK button that has name=text in its input line in the
> source but I cannot find "text" (except in the source of the page) nm or
> pq in what I have downloaded... How are they generated? "text" is fixed,
> n, m, p, and q variable numbers...

Hmm... no idea. If "text" was an input of type=image, clicking on it
would generate some text.x=71&text.y=28 fields, after the coordinates
of the point where you clicked it.

Can you reproduce that behavior with minimal sources?