Re: CURL and advertising

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:04:37 -0700

At 20:34 +0100 11/13/07, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
> > in liveHTTPHeaders apparently some or some other scripts are missing
>> and I cannot discover how some fields are generated... Do you know a
>> way to UN hide them ?
>
>Nope. As the name suggests, liveHTTPHeaders shows headers _live_,
>therefore you didn't get the scripts when you were browsing. Those
>script didn't run on your client.

LiveHTTP headers has an option to suppress headers that refer to selected file types using regular expressions. It's possible that requests for *.js are being suppressed along with *.gif and *,png which I think are suppressed by default.

It's also possible to deliver cookies with a *.gif that is really a web bug. In the worst case it's better to turn off all suppression in LiveHTTP headers and work through the whole session with a text editor.

It's usually possible to use curl itself to download a *.js file to your machine so you can look at it.

--
Applescript syntax is like English spelling:
Roughly, though not thoroughly, thought through.