FTPS for a complete novice

From: robert pinkos <robpinkos_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 18:01:38 +0000

Hi,I'm completely new to cURL and relatively new to UNIX so feel free torespond in the most patronising simple-talk. I've read the man pages andrelevant documentation on curl.haxx.se but to no avail. I have recently been charged with the task of sending a file using FTPS(FTPS is the only secure method the recipients are willing to accept). Wehave chosen cURL as our preferred client and successfully installed v7.16.2for HP-UX 11.11 downloaded from the HP software depot website. My query is: What exactly do I need besides cURL to get this to work? Igather I need an SSL certificate. Is this specific to the machine or tothe cURL application? How do I get a certificate? Do I need to installOpenSSL? Do I need to do anything other than copy the certificate to myUnix box when I have it? What is the bundle of certs installed in/opt/iexpress/curl/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt used for?Once I have this set up is it just a: curl -v --ftp-ssl-reqd -E/path/to/cert -T /upload/path/file -u username:password ftp://my_url/ ? Apologies for the barrage of questions but I really am quite clueless here. Thanks in advance, Rob.