CURL and advertising

From: Jean Marie COUPRIE <abies20_at_neuf.fr>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 07:31:15 +0100

I have written a few scripts using Rexx Regina + rexxcurl with the help
of liveHTTPHeaders extension of FireFox.
It is not so easy and there is the problem of some servers that pay
their services by imposing to the user to look at some advertising
screens. Apparently there are 2 URLs : the main to the application
domain and the other to the people that manage advertising. Curl seems
to log and show only the sources of the pages to an from the application
and nothing of the messages (cookies) to or from the other URL. At some
stages I have to click on an image to choose the advertising, at this
point 2 URL messages are sent one to the application saying "proceed",
the consequence of the other being that I receive a screen for a company
that try to sell me something (obviously I just close this screen in 99%
of the cases...). This 2nd message often include variable informations
(e.g. text=1234) that seems taken for the cookies that I have not seen
with curl (only with liveHTTPHeaders), so I cannot simulate this
message. For my purpose the first message is sufficient. BUT I assume
that the application server says to the advertising server "I have
generated n clicks to you, pay me x $" but the other answers "I have
just received m (with n>m because mine are missing!)" They may discover
that I have used an automate that does not look at their advertising
and be very unhappy!
Is there a solution with cURL to send the message to the advertising
server to make it happy ?