RE: unable to Retrieve desired page

From: Babu, Ramesh (LBD) <Ramesh.Babu_at_lombardvm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:16:43 +0100

Santhosh,

Last week, I faced same problem like yours. But mine is solved by using -L
and -o parameters. The only deiifernece I found from your URL is # symbol. I
don't know CURL has specific meaning with this symbol different to HTTP
meaning. I am just hpoing, not sure. Replace /# symbol in your URL with ?
and try.

Try like this.

curl 'http://wikimapia.org?lat=22.454187&lon=88.209229&z=13&l=0&m=m&v=1' -L
-o 1.html

If you are using proxy server rather than normal HTTP, include proxy
parameter in your curl command like below

curl -x <<proxyIP>>[:port]
'http://wikimapia.org?lat=22.454187&lon=88.209229&z=13&l=0&m=m&v=1' -L -o
1.html

Default port is 8080 (if proxy listening port is different, mention that)
and if your proxy IP is 1.1.1.99, then command will be

curl -x 1.1.1.99:8080
'http://wikimapia.org?lat=22.454187&lon=88.209229&z=13&l=0&m=m&v=1' -L -o
1.html

or