How to download a file using CURL command

From: Babu, Ramesh (LBD) <Ramesh.Babu_at_lombardvm.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:20:22 +0100

Dear All,

Please provide solution to my problem........

If I type the following URL sample in internet explorer, popup will come to
save the file (XML file).

<http://www.website-name.com/servelet/gate1_0?user=xxxxxx&password=xxxxxxx&i
nitials=RZ&function=SEARCH&vrm=xxxxxx&XML=TRUE&deviceType=XM>
http://www.website-name.com/servelet/gate1_0?user=xxxxxx&password=xxxxxxx&in
itials=RZ&function=SEARCH&vrm=xxxxxx&XML=TRUE&deviceType=XM

Note: xxxxxx has some meaningfull information, due to security reasons, I
didn't mention the exact website name and values.

I would like to receive the file in above URL with CURL command.

If I use CURL
<http://www.website-name.com/servelet/gate1_0?user=xxxxxx&password=xxxxxxx&i
nitials=RZ&function=SEARCH&vrm=xxxxxx&XML=TRUE&deviceType=XM>
http://www.website-name.com/servelet/gate1_0?user=xxxxxx&password=xxxxxxx&in
itials=RZ&function=SEARCH&vrm=xxxxxx&XML=TRUE&deviceType=XM, I am getting
error like Only Search Function is currently Supported In Gate call!.

I tried using -o -v --trace options with CURL. Please tell me CURL command
to download the file using above URL.

Ramesh Babu.

The opinions expressed in this email represent those of the individual
and not necessarily those of Lombard Vehicle Management Limited.
The contents of this email may be privileged and are confidential.
It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the
addressee(s), nor copied in any way. If received in error, please
advise the sender, then delete from your system.
Should you wish to use email as a mode of communication,
Lombard Vehicle Management Limited is unable to guarantee the security
of email content outside our own computer systems.
Lombard Vehicle Management Limited
Registered in England. No 2597082
Registered Office: 3 Princess Way, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1NP
A member of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group.
Lombard Vehicle Management Limited is an appointed representative of The Royal Bank of Scotland plc, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority