Re: is curl better than running php script locally?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 22:51:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Charlie Reddington wrote:

> We have a couple of scripts that just sit on a webpage that we have a cron
> job hit every few minutes. I personally don't like the idea of our utilities
> being out in the open, though, they are pretty harmless and can't mess up
> anything we do.

First, they don't need to be in "the open" just because they're available from
the command line curl. Then, this is a question about how PHP is best used,
not really about curl, so this isn't the proper place to ask, nor will you
find the best possiple people for this subject here.

> I personally would think that just running the php scripts locally on the
> system would be a better idea. Any (dis)advantages to using either?

Try a PHP list/forum...