Re: curl vs wget

From: Brian Dessent <brian_at_dessent.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 23:17:51 -0700

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> >From now on, I can point them to my new page about it:
>
> http://daniel.haxx.se/docs/curl-vs-wget.html

Just a couple of minor observations:

> It doesn't traverse any directories, no trees and it has no HTML parser or anything.

This sounds kind of awkward, how about: It transfers just the URLs that
the user specifies, and does not contain any recursive downloading logic
nor any sort of HTML parser.

> curl can be built with one out of four different SSL/TSL libraries

s/TSL/TLS/

Additionally, I think it's worth mentioning that curl is more
bidirectional that wget: it can perform uploads with a number of
protocols where wget is just for downloading. Moreover, the HTTP
multipart/form-data encoding support makes it more suitable for screen
scraping/HTTP automation.

Brian