Re: tftp+ --local-port ==Error

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:59:38 -0700

The fix for this went in with the comment "I wrote a test case (1009)
to verify this, but it is a bit error-prone since it will have to pick a
fixed local port number and since the tests are run on so many different
hosts in different situations I add it in disabled state." While it's a
legitimate concern that the port might be in use by something else, it's
not an unprecedented situation; test cases 19, 504, 702-705 already rely
on certain ports being unoccupied. While there could be sporadic failures
because of this, I wouldn't worry about it too much--the existing
sporadic (the SSH authentication issue) and persistent (Mac OS X,
IRIX) failures should be tackled first!

Although, this problem could be reduced by creating an %UNUSEDPORT
substitution variable that the test harness ensures is unused at the start
of the test run.

>>> Dan