Re: Three state in the same Error code :-X

From: Sebastien WILLEMIJNS <sebastien_at_willemijns.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 00:33:56 +0200

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 22:10:29 +0200 (CEST), "Daniel Stenberg"
<daniel_at_haxx.se> said:

> I don't know windows land very well so I can't really advice on tools to
> use,
> but I thought there are such that can tell what system calls that fail or
> not,
> and then you can analyze the network traffic to see what goes on there or
> not.

i can give you a (big) ethereal log if you want ;)

> You're oversimplificating this problem. A timeout is something that took
> longer than it was allowed. There's actually nothing in the exit code or
> in
> the description of it that says it strictly only applies to "a user
> request".

when i use "-m 1" i think it is me i ask to stop curl after 1 second of
download :)

they are in fact 2 bugs because error 28 gives three sentences...

In a classical software every error number will receive only 1 sentence
(too many connexions, disk full, host not found, too small resolution,
not sound card detected...)
here for the same error code number 28 we have 3 sentences for the same
number !!!
two sentences about timeout and one sentence about user request (-m
switch in commandline)

i maintain a software stopping asked by a user request *MUST* not have
the same error number than an software which has been stopped by any
kind of timeout not asked by the
user !