Re: using curl to download files where the url does not end in file.ext

From: scatterp <scatterp321_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 05:24:30 +0100 (BST)

Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com> wrote: On 9/12/07, scatterp wrote:
> Hi
> I am new to the list please excuse any mistakes in my etiquette.
> I read the rules
>
> curl.exe
> "https://adwords.google.com/select/trafficestimatorsandbox?cmd=TrafficEstimatorSandbox&keywords=keyword1%0Akeyword2%0Akeyword3&currency=USD&price=&budget=100&language=*&geoselection=&countryList=*"
> --user-agent lynx --cookie-jar cookiefile --cookie cookiefile
> how could i download the csv file included in the source from this download
> ?
> its link looks like this:
> https://adwords.google.com/select/TrafficEstimatorSandbox?mode=csv&resultcacheid=1189652258446
> and when you download that with curl you do not get the csv file
>
> I am guessing i am using the wrong format on the command line?

I tried looking at your first link in a browser - it's a form, so to
get to the next stage you need to post the form. There are at least 3
hidden variables and a bunch that you probably need to set values for.

I don't do Windows scripting, so that's all I can tell you.

Ralph Mitchell

Hi Ralph

I double checked and my first link takes you directly to a page with the "csv' link there are form items there but not of them need to be set sounds like some how you ended up on the previous page maybe you did not copy the whole link in any case the 3 values needed on the previous page are a keyword the next box is 100$s and then all places
all languages should bring you to where that link brings me those things are filled out in the first link. so i am kind of lost on what your looking at or seeing....

Thanks
Scatterp