Re: cURL output is very skinny

From: Alessandro Vesely <vesely_at_tana.it>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:11:39 +0200

Will Weatherford wrote:
> I issue this cURL command:
>
> curl [...] -v -o 157.184.14.68Schedule.txt https://157.184.14.68/...
>
> And 157.184.14.68Schedule.txt looks like:
>
> <HTML><HEAD>[...]

Yes, that's exactly what the server sent, whatever content type it sent.
If you wanted to also save http headers, there is an option for that.

> I thought I should see in this file the same output I get to the DOS box:

That's effect of the "-v" option above. There are options for tracing to
files, for redirecting stderr to a file for shells that don't support it,
and more.

Study cURL options and exit codes carefully: they allow users to get the
exact behavior they need for automating most jobs without programming.
Try "curl --manual" or http://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html