Re: Curl HTTPS Operation Hanging

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:55:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Saleem Ahmed Khan wrote:

> The https operation are hanging for the version of curl mentioned below. The
> http operations are done successfully. The curl in this case is
> cross-compiled for the mipsel-linux platform. I am mentioning the
> compilation details and the point of hanging below. The same curl compiled
> for x86 platform on Fedora core 6 is working fine for https operations. Can
> it be confirmed the steps followed for the cross -compilation below are
> correct for the https operation to work normally.

I'm not aware of any particular problems with cross-compiled curl. It is done
frequently and is used all over. And if you get the lib to build and run, I
would take that as an indication that you built it correctly!

I would recommend trying the openssl tool from the target and see if that
works fine.

Did you try attaching a gdb to the stuck process, or possibly using strace to
see what it seems to be doing? If you wireshark the network, can you determine
anything about its situation?

How's the ca cert bundle situation on this box? Is the time and date set
correctly?