Re: Major Headache

From: Jesper Jensen <curl_ml_at_elector.dk>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 18:29:30 +0200

Dale Holden wrote:
> Cheers but no joy i have tried the following combinations :(
>
> echo off
> cd c:\
> cmd/c c:\windows\curl.exe --basic --user username:password --data
> status="d gcal %*" http://twitter.com/statuses/update.xml"
> Echo Exiting...
>
> echo off
> cd c:\
> cmd/c c:\windows\curl --basic --user username:password --data status="d
> gcal %*"http://twitter.com/statuses/update.xml"
> Echo Exiting...
>
> echo off
> cd c:\
> c:\windows\curl.exe --basic --user username:password --data status="d
> gcal %*"http://twitter.com/statuses/update.xml"
> Echo Exiting...
>
> echo off
> cd c:\
> c:\windows\curl --basic --user username:password --data status="d gcal
> %*"http://twitter.com/statuses/update.xml"
> Echo Exiting...

They are all working just fine here, that is curl complains a bit,
because your syntax is bad.

curl: no URL specified!
curl: try 'curl --help' or 'curl --manual' for more information

But if you fix the syntax like in the following example then it works
just fine.

echo off
cd c:\
cmd /c c:\windows\curl --basic --user username:password --data
status="dgcal %*" http://twitter.com/statuses/update.xml

Of course it doesn't download anything for me, because the user/pass is
wrong, but it looks like it should be working.

Regards
Jesper