Re: SSL error on curl request

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 23:41:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Terrell, Joseph wrote:

> I am attempting to ftp over ssl but my ssl auth is getting rejected.

No, it's not your ssl auth that is rejected. It is curl that fails to verify
the remote server's certificate.

> I have grabbed the latest mozilla headers and pointed implicitly to them but
> there may be another problem.

The mozilla ca cert bundle you mean... Are you sure that bundle is capable of
verifying this cert?

> /opt/TWWfsw/bin/curl -v -k --cacert /tmp/cacert.pem --ftp-ssl -u cg153200 -B
> ftp://ftpst.mytargetsite.com:20021//cg153201/k100.rexel.x340
>
> Does this make sense?

Not completely, since -k disables the peer cert verification so if you use -k
you won't need --cacert, and vice versa.