Re: curl for z/OS (aka MVS)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:43:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, lutz_mader_at_freenet.de wrote:

> I try to build curl for z/OS

Cool!

> cc -g -o curl main.o hugehelp.o urlglob.o writeout.o writeenv.o getpass.o homeda
> IEW2456E 9207 SYMBOL convert_to_network UNRESOLVED. MEMBER COULD NOT BE
> INCLUDED FROM THE DESIGNATED CALL LIBRARY.

> all the time. I have a look to the lib/config-tpf.h file, but I can't find
> the place with the EBCDIC/ASCII

(You might want to use the curl-library list for further development stuff...)

CURL_DOES_CONVERSIONS is a #define you want/need and possibly also HAVE_ICONV
(unless you do all the conversions with a conversion callback).

I'm rather clueless when it comes to EBCDIC and similar so I would suggest you
ask further specific questions about that on the curl-library list, if this
wasn't enough!