Re: curl feature request

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:58:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Nathan Herring wrote:

> If you're using GSS-Negotiate, and if you use "--user :", then you get the
> current principal in your default Kerberos credential cache. However, it
> appears not to support entering any other name there. I would like to
> request that if the given argument for "--user" is not the special-cased
> ":", then treat it as a Kerberos principal, and try and acquire credentials
> specifically for that principal (which may not be the principal in the
> default credential cache).

This all sound fine to me, but then I know next to nothing about GSS and
Kerberos so I would easily be tricked by anyone in this area.

This said, I am not the man to introduce such a feature...

> The curl on Mac OS X 10.4.10 is curl 7.13.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.0)
> libcur/7.13.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7l zlib/1.2.3.

Well, that's a _very_ old version. Not that the GSS support has been changed
much during the last years anyway...

> (The "powerpc" is a bit of a misnomer since Apple provides a universal
> version, and the intel side is clearly running on my MacBook Pro.)

I would say that problem is due to how autoconf/config.guess work...

> My apologies if this is already addressed, or if this is an improper forum.
> (Just point me in the right direction.)

I'm quite sure this isn't already addressed, and I think curl-library is the
mailing list to discuss implementation details on or post patches for reviews
etc.