Re: Too revealing user-agent field?

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:24:29 -0600

At 11:09 +0200 6/12/07, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>At least one FreeBSD user seems to think so:
>Any opinions on this here?

-A is available in the curl tool and I find I must use it for a lot of the scripts I write for banking. It's at the point where a perl module adds it, along with some other options like -b to all calls to the curl tool in a session.

It would be easier to set an environment variable that would always be honored if present.

Who uses curl as a part of a webSERVER application? If it's internal to the application the agent string shouldn't be going out to visitors anyway.

--
-->  The best programming tool is a soldering iron <--