ftp proxy (was Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: Curl can't work well over FTP protocol via socks5 proxy)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:52:35 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Suneetha Gadam wrote:

> I have tried to use FTP over SOCKS and also over FTP Proxy. I am
> not clear on mentioning the FTP proxy in the CURL command. Please let me
> know how to give the FTP Proxy in the curl. I have seen in one of the posts
> that FTP Proxy is not supported in CURL. Please let me know.

Please don't top-post and trim your quotes.

curl has no particular support for FTP proxies, mostly because of two reasons:

1) there is no such thing as a ftp proxy standard

2) I have not seen an ftp proxy which curl cannot be made to use anyway with
just some little manual crafting necessary with the options

This thread is about doing FTP over a socks(5) proxy.