libssh/sftp question

From: Kevin Walzer <kw_at_codebykevin.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:21:09 -0400

I've successfully built the latest version of cURL with libssh2 support,
and have done some basic testing; the sftp module seems to work fine. I
am planning to use this build of cURL in an application I am developing
for sftp, and am wondering if libssh2 is only a build dependency for
cURL, or a runtime dependency as well. It would reduce the size of my
application if I did not have to bundle libssh2 with cURL as well.

I'm running on Mac OS X 10.4.9, PPC, with a universal binary build of
cURL. My testing of cURL has been with the shell script "cURL" wrapper
in the src subdirectory of the tarball. I don't plan to run "make
install" but will instead call the "cURL" wrapper from my own program.

Apologies in advance if this question is obvious; I haven't found
anything in the list archives about this issue, and I'm not an expert on
the internals of cURL. The version that ships with Mac OS X is older and
does not have sftp support.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin